SWAFFHAM TRAIL The Methodist Church Home

The Methodist church was built in 1813. Previously the people had gained permission, as dissenters, to worship in groups at home. They felt the time had come to build a chapel and it was duly erected and officially opened on 7th July 1813.


The Reverend John Wesley made over forty visits to Norfolk, often travelling along the route of the old A47 and made visits to Swaffham where crowds would have waited to hear him preach