The first golf club was on a rough piece of land on Castleacre road. It was laid out by Swaffham’s naval hero, Admiral Knyvett-Wilson when he retired. Plans for a new course were being discussed before his death in 1921 and in 1922 a new club was set up on Breckland heath, just two miles from the town centre.
In 2001 it expended from 9 to 18 holes, which transformed it into an attractive and demanding course. Some of the new holes were created from mature woodland while others keep to the open style of the Brecks.