The first Catholic Church in Swaffham was sited in Theatre Street in 1911.The present Catholic Church in Swaffham is called Our Lady of Pity. It is in Station Street on the site of a former house and stables.
The land was bought on 11th October 1917 by Father Vende, who was the first parish priest, and a temporary church was built in 1920. The present church and presbytery was designed by Fr Gerry Langley and built by the parishioners with help from the RAF. He laid the first brick on 14th May 1958.
The church was opened on 12th May 1960. Many changes have taken place over the years and in Autumn 2014 work was started to repair the roof and redecorate the church.