Standing in the centre of Swaffham is the Victorian Corn Exchange.
The Corn Hall was built in the Italian style in 1858 by a builder in Ash Close called Matthias Goggs. It cost £1800.
The Goggs brothers also worked on Sandringham House under the famous architect Albert Jenkins to enlarge the Old Hall.
Corn was bought and sold there on market days
It was not very successful as a corn exchange, became redundant and was let out in 1892. Since then it has been used by many different organisations
It has been a reading room, Salvation Army Citadel, used for entertainment, an armoury, temporary billets and a job centre. Today it is a coffee shop – Costa Coffee